One of the best not good for you foods out there.
Great dish for any party. Goes well with most types of chips.
- 1 can (16 oz) re-fried beans
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1 package (8 oz) Velveeta Cheese cubed
- 1 tbs pickled jalapeno peppers finely chopped
Mix the ingredients together into a crock pot and cook on low until the mixture is smooth. Be sure to mix it every 1/2 hour or so, other wise you will get a crust on the edges.
- The ratio is 2 oz beans to 1 oz cheese. This can be scaled up easily without any change in the quality of the product.
- The more there is, the longer it takes to cook.
- You can use fresh jalapeno peppers, but I use the pickles one because they give the dip a nice subtle tang.
- Adding in some of the pickle juice (1 tbs) will add more of the tang flavor to the dip.
- Some beans have more moisture then others. If your dip is looking too dry, add more butter.
- You can omit the butter, but it will make the dip drier and the pepper oils will not mix as evenly through the dip. If you omit the butter, I recommend making the pepper into puree that can be more evenly mixed in.
- Try other kinds of cheese. I like this with extra sharp cheddar as well. Each kind of cheese will offer a different texture and flavor. Unprocessed cheeses will not be as smooth and can have that stretch to them.